First Soviet Union post-war mass-produced passenger car, which was presented to free trade. Its price at that time was set at 9000 rubles. As a prototype was chosen the pre-war German car Opel Kadett KJ 38 with the 4-door sedan body type. At that time, the car was quite fashionable because of its design based on the former self-supporting body, however it was quite narrow and without a heater, with hydraulic brake system (until the Second World War, the Soviet car builds were dominated by mechanical brake systems), at the time progressive front wheel "Dibon" type independent suspension and 3-stage gearbox. Car was assigned with an index "400", but that number described only the engine, bodywork was assigned with an index "420", which was recognized only by factory workers. In 1948 began the production of trucks "422", which had the body frame made out of birch and sheathed with plywood, but already in 1949 began the production of four-door convertible version, which had body index "420A". It is now in museums exhibition.